A quick and easy recipe that’s great when you’re in the mood for something Asian inspired, but don’t want to splurge on takeout. The warm peanut-y noodles tossed with fresh veg is the perfect combination and is sure to please even the biggest carnivores.
1 package rice noodles (medium width)
chopped peanuts for topping
1 red pepper, julienned
1/2 head of cabbage (I’ve also used radicchio)
about 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas
1/2 cup green onion, cut on the bias
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
5 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp canola oil
3 tbsp agave
2 tbsp sriracha
2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 limes (zest and juice)
1 cup hot water, boiling
1. Chop all the vegetables for the slaw and toss them together in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Start to boil the water for your rice noodles.
3. As you’re waiting on the water to boil, start the sauce. Heat the peanut butter in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds to soften it.
4. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, canola oil, agave, sriracha, ginger, garlic, lime zest and juice. Whisk together.
5. Add the hot water to thin out the sauce so it can coat the noodles and veg.
6. Your water should be boiling so put in the rice noodles. Rice noodles cook really fast so don’t leave them!
7. Strain the noodles and immediately toss with the slaw and sauce.
8. Top with chopped peanuts and enjoy!